[Asterisk-Users] Can asterisk accept cleartext auth (uri user:pass) via SIP

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Thu Dec 9 09:14:56 MST 2004

Does anyone know if Asterisk can accept cleartext auth (SIP), as in it
recv's a call destined to:

1234:blah at har.har.com

The problem I'm having is simply for faxing, normal calls come in as
g729 and of course we need ULAW for faxes.

sip.conf snippet

[sipfarm]
insecure=very
host=blahblah.netlogic.net
type=peer
context=sip-out
username=+18165551212
secret=blah
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=g729

When a call comes in it's always matching that sip peer, as you can see
we're prefering g729 because of voice.

My thought was to create another peer and pray it matches upon inbound:

[+13145555555]
host=dynamic
type=friend
context=sip-out
username=+13145555555
secret=blahblah
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

It doesn't:

"Found peer 'sipfarm'"

I didn't want to set host=blahblah.netlogic.net because wouldn't start
matching ONLY that and not SIPfarm? Anyway please help, am I screwed?
:-)

	Matt