[Asterisk-Users] pseudo load balancing?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Dec 9 09:11:03 MST 2004

> > In an environment with multiple asterisk boxes, each with a 4PRI
card
> > and 4PRIs (92 Zap ports) and oversubscription on SIP peers, is there
> > way to get the asterisk box to use the Zap interfaces on another box
in
> > times of congestion? While the oversubscription ration would be
> > optimized for the number of Zap ports, there is always the
possibility
> > of an "unusual" load.
> >
> > What about if a single DID number for a single user were configured
> > come in on any of the PRIs connected to any of the * boxes, and it
ended
> > up coming in to a different box than the SIP peer is configured for,
can
> > * route the call?
>
> I think this is the textbook case for needing SER. All your SIP users
go
> to the SER app and it deligates calls to an asterisk box for PSTN
> completion as well as any asterisk box can go to SER and get connected
> to a specific SIP user.

So * still does the zap-sip conversion, but all sip peers register with
SER? Incoming Zap call goes back out to SER than peer, or SER handles a
re-invite to *?

Can SER equally distribute Zap calls among * boxes? Will it know if the
asterisk box is congested on the Zap cannels?

Have you implemented this before? (I would need some paid help)