[Asterisk-Users] Adit Asterisk Cabling Connundrum.

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Thu Dec 9 08:52:37 MST 2004

> I am hoping to replace my Nortel 8x24 switch with
> Asterisk.  Right now my cabling comes from my outside
> phone box into my office and into a punchdown block
> and leaves the punchdown block as an amphenol
> connector which currently plugs into the Nortel
> swicth.  A second amphenol connector them plugs into
> the switch and extends to another punchdown block that
> I believe carries the lines throughout the office to
> Cat 5 plug in which the individual phones plug into.
>
> Do I plug the ampehnol connector that represents the
> incoming trunk lines into the 1-25 pin amphenol
> connector on the adit 600 and then run an amphenol
> connector/cable from the 26-50 pin of the Adit 600 to
> a RJ11 patch pannel?
>
> Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

What are you trying to accomplish here?  Yes you have two sides on an 824.
The CO side which is the analog lines coming in and the station side where
Nortel phones plug in.  Where the lines punch down on the block is not
necessarily where the lines are going to need to be punched down to connect
to the Adit or even an FXO card.  What type of cards are in your adit?
There are too many variables to answer simply.  More info please.

Henry Devito
Telephone Connection, Inc
Network Design / Implementation
Phone: 402.330.7510
Fax:    402.330.8586

Toshiba CTX/DK/Stratagy Certified
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Voice ( VoIP)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer