[Asterisk-Users] Adit Asterisk Cabling Connundrum.

Richard Reina rf_reina at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 08:30:42 MST 2004

I am hoping to replace my Nortel 8x24 switch with
Asterisk.  Right now my cabling comes from my outside
phone box into my office and into a punchdown block
and leaves the punchdown block as an amphenol
connector which currently plugs into the Nortel
swicth.  A second amphenol connector them plugs into
the switch and extends to another punchdown block that
I believe carries the lines throughout the office to
Cat 5 plug in which the individual phones plug into.

Do I plug the ampehnol connector that represents the
incoming trunk lines into the 1-25 pin amphenol
connector on the adit 600 and then run an amphenol
connector/cable from the 26-50 pin of the Adit 600 to
a RJ11 patch pannel?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard