[Asterisk-Users] sangoma

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 9 07:54:20 MST 2004

On December 8, 2004 05:12 pm, Paradise Dove wrote:
> > I'm using an A101u and it seems to work fine connected to a
> > Carrier Access Access Bank I (24 FXS).

> How did you get it working with asterisk?

The directions provided by Sangoma are very clear:

- compile and install libpri and zaptel
- compile and install the wanpipe utils/driver and when asked what protocols,
select custom, then select default protocols/APIs and add TDM (it'll ask for
your zaptel source dir)
- run the wanrouter hwprobe and use then wancfg
- select the AFT card, set it up for T1 or E1 and make sure the timeslots are
all allocated to asterisk unless you want to do some data stuff too.  Select
HDLC streaming for the protocol and TDM_VOICE for the interface.

in /etc/zapata.conf you set it up as you would a normal Digium card

zaptel must be loaded before you start up your wanpipe, and you can run ztcfg
after you've set up your wanpipe interface.

-A.