[Asterisk-Users] Re: I need very fast quick info how to setup ISDN card

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Thu Dec 9 06:20:54 MST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:31:27PM +0000, Corvin wrote:
> I've compiled chan_capi - but I can't force it to work.

Problem description? Error Messages?

> > If you want to use chan_capi, it has to be TE mode. NT mode is not
> > possible.
> >

> > Hfc based ISDN cards will generate lots of interrupts. Interrupt
> > sharing will cause problems.
> >
> > A solution would be to use a quadBRI card instead of the 4 HFC cards
> > and bristuff instead of misdn/chan_capi.
>

> Thank you again, but what to do if it's imposible?

If you need NT mode you cannot use chan_capi (for this
card/channel), but you can use bristuff.
http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/
Using 4 Hfc based ISDN cards in one box is not impossible, but
you should expect problems.

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>