[Asterisk-Users] setting the Call Forward Number in Zap?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu Dec 9 06:29:02 MST 2004

>> is this related to the REDGNO header in PRI?
>
> It seems to be. Libpri fills in the fields (redirectingnum,
> redirectingplan, redirectingpres, redirectingreason) in the libpri call
> structure when Q931_REDIRECTING_NUMBER (0x74) is received. Similarily,
> if
> they are set on calling out that IE is sent.
>
> Those data fields seem to be handed to/from chan_zap.c via the rdnis
> field.

How can I set this?

>> I just tried to NoOp(${RDNIS}) on incoming calls from the PSTN and
>> this
>> shows nothing, diverted call or not
>
> Can you post a pri intense debug for such an incoming call?

I just spoke to the telco
There RDNIS number is never sent on incoming calls
if (a) dials (b) and (b) is redirected to (c), then in my setup
asterisk would receive the call from (a) to (b), accepting it, and then
dial (c) with callerid/CALGPARNO (0x6c) set to (b), and RDNIS/REDGNO
(0x74) set to (a). This will, in turn, make the switch or something
somewhere in the net log the call with the correct callerid (b) for
billing etc, replacing this with the original callerid (a) and dial the
party (c).

so a PRI DEBUG on the recipient side will never show anything apart
from (a) anyway, except perhaps a flag saying "this is redirected"

roy