[Asterisk-Users] setting the Call Forward Number in Zap?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Dec 9 01:44:49 MST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> > I have only look quickly at the code, but it seems as if asterisk will
> > copy whatever is in the channel variable cid.cid_rdnis for the calling
> > channel to the outgoing channel in app_dial unless the channel is set
> > forward calls.
>
> is this related to the REDGNO header in PRI?

It seems to be. Libpri fills in the fields (redirectingnum,
redirectingplan, redirectingpres, redirectingreason) in the libpri call
structure when Q931_REDIRECTING_NUMBER (0x74) is received. Similarily, if
they are set on calling out that IE is sent.

Those data fields seem to be handed to/from chan_zap.c via the rdnis
field.

> > I did not see any way to change it directly. Perhaps a new option to
> > dial,
> > a new variable to set the outgoing cid_rdnis in dial or making the
> > RDNIS
> > pseudo-variable writeable?
>
> I just tried to NoOp(${RDNIS}) on incoming calls from the PSTN and this
> shows nothing, diverted call or not

Can you post a pri intense debug for such an incoming call?

Peter