[Asterisk-Users] four wildcards in a single pc

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 09:48:16 MST 2004

>So I thought of installing a combination of four pci cards in the
>machine, and everybody on the list just keeps telling me it won't work.

You have 5 POTS lines and 4 X100P cards? Sounds like a complete drag...
At any rate, why don't you buy a TDM400P with 4 FXO ports? I've bought
one off digitnetworks with UPS shipping and it was delivered under a
week. Not bad for half around the world trip :-)

>I have installed successfully more then four cards in a machine before.
>I had a firewall with eight network interfaces (one quad card, one duo
>and two singles)

Well I also ordered a X100P clone and it was fighting for IRQ 10 with
the ethernet card and the existing ISDN card. I had to unplug, reboot,
shut down, replug, reboot... drag. Sticking 5 X100Ps might work but then
again maybe not... I've never tried it anyway.

>Yet, people claim it won't work because of lack of IRQs, and that it's
>not related to Digium.
>
>What am I missing?

I think it's a good question and I am wondering the same thing. What's
up with that? I thought IRQs were a thing of the past...