[Asterisk-Users] pc

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Dec 8 10:22:14 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 19:09 +0200, Shoval Tomer wrote:

> [...]

You would be far better off going with a channel bank and T1 card.
Immediately you get room for expansion as you won't be limited to just
16 ports. As for cost, 4x $305(I think that is the current price) =
$1220, $1220 - $500(t100P) = $720, or enough left over to get taken on
parts from ebay a couple of times before you reach level costs.

> What trouble should I run into?
> Define trouble? Hard to configure, or impossible because of IRQ sharing
> issues or whatever?

Trouble being 4 x 1000 interupts per second on the machine. Lack of
expansion, interupt sharing, any number of annoyances.