[Asterisk-Users] cf gsm adaptors

dean collins dean at collins.net.pr
Tue Dec 7 15:51:08 MST 2004

I know I'm going to get creamed asking this question in here but I'm
really starting to feel that Palmone and Treo 650 (or it's successors)
just isn't keeping up with my requirements (bluetooth, wifi, document
sync etc) for a mobile device

I'm starting to think about moving to a mini laptop or ppc solution with
an CF GSM card.

Does anyone in here have any experience or thoughts?

a few links I've found on cf gsm adaptors in the last 30 mins.

http://www.convergentech.com/gprs_quick_setup2.aspx

http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp

The advantage of this will mean I can use a SIP or IAX client to answer
my asterisk calls. I've read a few posts in the past saying people were
thinking of trying it but is there anyone using this today?
(real world examples please, not something you heard someone's friends
brother doing)

TIA,

Dean