[Asterisk-Users] Faxing..not 100%

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Dec 7 11:06:20 MST 2004

Here is the setup:

POTS -> PRI -> Asterisk -> ATA (Fax)

The ATA is set to only 711. Asterisk's sip.conf sets this device to only
711. Yet, faxing works less than 50% of the time.

I cannot possibly be the only person with this problem. I can't even get
app_rxfax to work. It answers but rxfax drops the call 5 seconds into it.

If anyone out there has near 100% success with faxing, PLEASE PLEASE pass
along any hints, suggestions, insights, brainstorms, anything...

Will going thru a router that supports T.38 help? I don't see how since
Asterisk doesn't talk T.38.

Thanks,
Matthew