[Asterisk-Users] Problem on Outgoing Calls (FXO - SIP)

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Tue Dec 7 10:00:32 MST 2004

Hello,

We have a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls that come in via
our analog POTS lines connected to FXO cards in an Adtran TA750.  This
is connected to a T100P.

We are using Polycom IP 500's.  The problem we are experiencing is, on
frequent occasions, when someone dials out, there is another person who
has just dialed in.

I have had this problem at my house before (without an * system) where I
pick up too quickly for it to ring.

Are there any methods to mitigate this problem?  I can see that Asterisk
is recognizing the call, but it still opens a zap channel for the
outgoing call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent D. Franks