[Asterisk-Users] queue timeout

Jan Baggen jbaggen at ip2.nl
Tue Dec 7 09:52:22 MST 2004

I'm trying to redirect the call to PSTN if no one is available in the queue
or the agents in the queue do not answer.

The following will redirect the call if no agents are logged in. But if
the agent does not answer the call will timeout and the call will be
terminated, not redirected. I've also tried to put the timeout rules in the
queue context, no luck.

[support]
exten => 6040,1,Answer
exten => 6040,2,Wait(1)
exten => 6040,3,Playback(welcome)
exten => 6040,4,Wait(1)
exten => 6040,5,Queue(support|t|||1)
exten => 6040,6,Dial(SIP/0123456789 at x.x.x.x) <- call if no one answers

[default]
exten => t,1,Dial(SIP/0123456789 at x.x.x.x)

Call queue 6040:

-- Playing 'welcome' (language 'en')
-- outgoing agentcall, to agent '6031', on 'Local/6031 at default-67eb,1'
-- Called Agent/6031
-- Called user
-- Agent/6031 answered SIP/212.125.141.182-09b6c000
-- SIP/user-c2d5 is ringing
-- Nobody picked up in 20000 ms

Call terminated.