[Asterisk-Users] PRI errors

Andrew McRory amcrory at linuxsys.com
Tue Dec 7 09:42:58 MST 2004

For a few weeks we have been getting errors that drop our PRI. The telco
says the the line is clean and that our equipment is the problem. We're
currently running "Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/03/04" but several versions
have been tried in an attempt to fix the problem.

The * server is based on a supermicro 1U chassis with a PIII 1.266GHz,
512MB RAM and a tor2 4port PCI card. The Tor2 card is on IRQ 11 which IS
shared with an *unused* ethernet controller and USB port. It has worked
like this for a long while.

A single PRI is connected to port 1, a Microcom 4000/ISPorte is on port 2
and a Max 4000 is on port 3. We accept data and voice calls. When PRI
drops, all calls are disconnected. If you happen to be on a voice call,
you hear a brief PFFFT! as everything goes away. The line resyncs in a
minute and everything operates normally until the next error. SIP <--> SIP
calls continue to work properly while the PRI is down.

Our dialplan is extremely basic (too basic!) and has been in use since
March/04. Until now the system has been very stable. The only time * has
been down was when one of us botched the dialplan but that was found and
fixed months ago. To save list bandwidth I'm linking the errors:

	http://www.linuxsys.com/files/pritrubbl.txt

Before I tell the telco to come out I'd like a little insight to the error
messages. Please copy replies to me directly.

Thanks,

--
Andrew McRory - President/CTO
Linux Systems Engineers, Inc. - http://www.linuxsys.com