[Asterisk-Users] G.711 Appendix II

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Dec 6 17:04:07 MST 2004

Guilherme Góes wrote:

>Does anyone have the C reference code of the ITU G.711 Appendix II ?

I don't think there is specific reference code for this. However, if you
read the appendix you will find it is just using a section of the G.729
algorithm. You can lift suitable code out of the reference G.729 code.
There are floating and fixed point reference codes for G.729. As far as
I know, either could be the basis for a G.711 appendix II implementation.

G.729 is heavily patented. However, as far as I know none of that
applied to the parts you need for G.711 appendix II. Of course, if you
use any of the G.729 reference code you have copyright issues. For real
world use you probably need to produce a clean new implementation.

Regards,
Steve