[Asterisk-Users] PRI configuration problem

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Dec 6 09:25:08 MST 2004

>I believe that the cause of the error
>is related to the line, "Ring requested on unconfigured channel 0/23
>span 1".

>Dec  6 04:19:43 WARNING[4891]: Ring requested on unconfigured channel
>0/23 span 1

I don't have a silver bullet here, but isn't it wierd that it's indicating
Channel 0? On my PRI, it always starts with 1 and goes up to 23. Maybe
that's the root of the problem here. Couple suggestions:

-Call up your telco and say something like: "My CPE indicates that an
inbound call on a DID is coming in on Channel Zero, where it expects Channel
1, can you elaborate?"

-Your spans etc look ok but maybe make your zaptel.conf as simple as
possible with only 1 span and a couple of channels and work your way up from
there?

-Stupid suggestion but worth a try: bchan=0-22 ??

hth