[Asterisk-Users] Re: Recomended ISDN for Asterisk ?

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Mon Dec 6 13:34:00 MST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:11:45PM +0100, HBK wrote:
> Now I want to install my Billion PCI ISDN card (HFC based) in TE mode.
> I get a little confused with Isdn4Linux, ZapHFC HIAX and the need to
> install Capi !

You may fetch bristuff from junghanns.net and use the ZapHFC module.

If you have a 2.6 kernel and have misdn installed you might use
chan_capi or chan_misdn. chan_misdn can be used in TE and NT mode,
but it has some bugs (or had some bugs two months ago). Since you
want to use TE mode, chan_capi should be prefered.

IMHO using Isdn4Linux / hisax / chan_modem_i4l is not a good idea.

> Please suggest best and easiest approach ?

Best: bristuff
Easier: misdn/chan_capi

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>