[Asterisk-Users] Recomended ISDN for Asterisk ?

Nils Segerdahl seger at upsys.se
Mon Dec 6 11:07:23 MST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, HBK wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed the http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/ with a
> Digium card with no problems, very good !
> Now I want to install my Billion PCI ISDN card (HFC based) in TE mode.
> I get a little confused with Isdn4Linux, ZapHFC HIAX and the need to
> install Capi !
>
> Please suggest best and easiest approach ?

Hi,

The easy way to do it would be to use ISDN4LINUX and modem.conf
I don't think capi doesnt support billion PCI.
zaphfc requires that you rebuild your asterisk from cvs.

This is what I had in my modem.conf when I used a billion card with I4L

 [interfaces]
 context=remote
 driver=i4l
 language=en
 type=autodetect
 dialtype=tone
 mode=immediate
 group=1
 msn=018543210
 incomingmsn=*
 outgoingmsn=543210,543211
 device => /dev/ttyI0
 device => /dev/ttyI1

And in extensions.conf
For outgoing:

exten=_0.,2,dial(Modem/g1:${EXTEN:1})

For incoming:

exten => 018543210,1,goto(default,21,1)
exten => 018543211,1,goto(default,23,1)

Or something like that..

The quality whas ok.

/Nils
> Thank you !
> HB
> Norway

Nils Segerdahl
Upsala Systemkonsult, UPSYS AB     Telefon:(+46) (0)18 56 80 41
Glunten, 751 83 Uppsala            Mobil: (+46) (0)703 55 65 03
http://www.upsys.se                Fax: (+46) (0)18 56 80 49