[Asterisk-Users] PRI/Zap premature dialing problem

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Dec 6 14:10:44 MST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Jerry Glomph Black wrote:

> Kris, thanks for the thoughful & helpful response!   This makes sense in the
> same way that a dialplan on a SIP phone would behave.
>
> But... If I  remove the 3-digit number (224) from the asterisk
> dialplan,  I have no problem dialing 2246 successfully.   If the Ascom were just
> seeing a 3-digit dialplan match for 224, would the fourth digit still be
> transmitted along the PRI?   This is the basis of the puzzle, it's as if
> asterisk is feeding back some info about whether a complete number has been
> passed along.

In isdn you have two dialing concepts: enbloc and overlap.

Enbloc is a complete number. The number is known at transmission time, and
if it is too short an error is generated. The user can not add more
numbers. The sending device will transmit a "sending complete" information
element to signal that no more digits will be sent.

In overlap sending more digits are added. "Sending complete" can be sent
to signal that no more digits will come. The receiving end can send a
"proceeding" message to the caller to signal that enough digits have been
received to complete the call. More digits will be ignored or passed to
the destination of the call.

Peter