[Asterisk-Users] strange caller id and caller name with SIP and ATA186

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Mon Dec 6 13:08:36 MST 2004

Hello list:

I'm not sure what is going on, but I am using:

asterisk -stable cvs (november cvs download)
SIP channel
Cisco ATA186
Zaptel 4-port PRI for PSTN

Caller ID is enabled on the cisco ATA and seems to work fine.
We do not get caller name at this time over the PRI ...

Caller name works fine VoIP to VoIP and for PSTN calls, it displays the
calling number like caller ID.

But for some reason, when the girlfriend calls from her work (hospital)
(call comes into * via PRI) the "caller ID" is all black boxes not numbers
and the "caller name" says 'asterisk'

I can not duplicate this problem with any other calling location, but she
can duplicate it every time.

Anybody know what's up with that?

Thanks
Duane Cox