[Asterisk-Users] h extension in macro

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Dec 6 10:28:35 MST 2004

>From the wiki page for cmd Macro:

Note that you cannot use any other extension than 's' to construct the macro
as control is returned to the calling context when the end of the 's,'
priorities is reached.

So, rather than using a macro - which is simply intended to be a replacement
for a frequently repeated block of _linear_ code, try declaring a seperate
context and using goto() or gotoif() to branch to it only when handling
faxes.

Hope that helps.

	Hi,

	I have one Q:

	why doesn't work h-extension in macro?

	I want to setup fax macro, to send tif-file
	after fax channel hang-up, but h-extension doesn't work in macro, so
	must put them to global context. But in this setup,

	exten => h,1,system(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/mailfax ${FAXFILE}
${EMAILADDR} "${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}")

	mailfax binary will be executed after any hang-up, also after calls,
not
	only faxes. I know I can use some variable and if statement to run
	mailfax only if that variable will be true,

	but is there any way to handle h-extension in macro?

	{clip}