[Asterisk-Users] PRI/Zap premature dialing problem

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Dec 6 09:23:59 MST 2004

The originating PRI system passes the entire dialed number in the d-channel
setup frame, thus the concept of a wait time for additional digits is
meaningless. Progressive digit gathering implies that the signalling is
occuring 'in-band' as would be the case with DTMF signalling on analog
lines.

You need to look in the Ascom and find the configuration table that lays out
the dialplan for the network. The PBX itself will use that information to
determine that for example, if a number begins with '4' then it is
'complete' after a total of 3 digits (eg. 411) or if it begins with 1, then
it's complete after 10 digits (1XXXNNNXXXX). After the number is considered
'complete' it will build the setup frame and transmit it to the terminating
system.

Watch the output of 'pri debug span 1' when the originating system is
dialing different numbers to see this in action.

Hope that helps.