[Asterisk-Users] ANALOG FXO ZAPTEL & WCFXO & WCTDM module issues seen with intermittent analog lines

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Mon Dec 6 07:12:46 MST 2004

Hi Samudra,

It is known behaviour for TDM400P card Rev E/F with FXO module.
Apparently it is a driver issue, which is yet to be fixed (confirmed
with Digium support).
I had this happening  in about 6-8 hours after normal work, all channels
would become unusable. No re-wiring of physical lines was needed to
replicate this situation in my case.

What I am doing to prevent it is described here:

My script to start asterisk is called from inittab, so if the Asterisk
quits for any reason, it would be restarted promptly.

1) run_asterisk:

#!/bin/bash

/sbin/modprobe zaptel debug=1
/sbin/modprobe wctdm debug=1
/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvf
/sbin/rmmod wctdm
/sbin/rmmod zaptel
sleep 1

2) /etc/inittab entry to run asterisk:

ax:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/run_asterisk

If you want it to take effect right away (and if your asterisk is stopped):

kill -HUP 1

That will force init process to re-read inittab.

3) Now here is my command restarting Asterisk periodically that would
remove/reload all the modules, add this line to your crontab:

07 7,11,15,18,22 * * * /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "stop when convenient"

This way Asterisk will only restart when no calls are in progress. Your
phone users should not even notice this.

Sincerely,
Andrei