[Asterisk-Users] Group sip definitions?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Dec 6 05:53:42 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Been around * for over a year and I'm looking for a way to provide
> a simple set of group sip.conf phone definitions that can be used by
> multiple internal sip phones (as in 50/group for example).

I have a patch nearly ready that will allow "defaults" to be specified
in any configuration file, that are then treated as if they were entered
into each context/category in that file. To make it even more useful,
these "defaults" stack up when you use #include, so you can have
customer-specific sip.conf files with their own defaults, and they don't
affect any other files you #include into your main sip.conf.

If you'd like to help test it out before I post it to Mantis, email me
off-line and I'll keep in touch with you; it will be no more than a day
or two before it's ready for beta testing.