[Asterisk-Users] chan_misdn and Dynalink IS64PH ISDN

Simon Richter Simon.Richter at eyepy.de
Mon Dec 6 02:52:28 MST 2004

Hi,

>>>You need to set the layermask when loading the card
>>>driver. For a TE port, use 15 (layer 0-3) and for an
 >>>NT port, use 3 (layer 0-1).

>>Thanks, I add layermask in my modprobe script :

>>/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install w6692pci protocol=2
>>layermask=3

That would be a TE port with the signaling layer in userspace. For TE,
you want the signalling layer in the kernel, i.e. use 15 as the
layermask. 3 is for NT ports, because there is no NT signallling in the
kernel, so it needs to be done in userspace.

>>Now I have another error :

>>Init. Stack on port 1
>>TE Stack
>>No lower Id

Yep, because there is no signalling layer.

> I have make a error, if I had layermask in insmod for
> w6692pci capiinfo don't see anything !!
> How can I set the layermask parameters ?

If you set the layermask to anything below 16, CAPI will not be loaded
for that port. chan_misdn conflicts with CAPI, as they both provide the
same layer, thus you won't see the chan_misdn ports with capiinfo, this
is normal.

    Simon