[Asterisk-Users] Sveasoft Alchemy QOS

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sun Dec 5 12:30:17 MST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:

> > Tell me which one can get me access to the LinkSys Linux using SSH?
> > Does Satori has this feature? I am not so concerned with Voice Shaping
>
> > and QOS at this time, but more interested in converting this into a
> > Linux box that is accessible from an ssh client.
>
> Alchemy has ssh access, you need to pay $20 subscription to Sveasoft to
> access the pre-release firmware.
>
> Steve
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> $20.00 for GNUed "hackware" that is originally freely donated by
> LinkSys? No way.

Well, then roll your own and stop whining about it. Quite frankly calling
it "hackware" shows that you have no concept of how much work has gone
into the Sveasoft firmware, nor do you grasp the concept that Linksys is
incorporating many of the Sveasoft changes BACK into their firmware.
Everyone wins from this, and Sveasoft has a revenue stream that allows
them to keep focused development on improving the firmware. I have over 60
of the WRT54GS units in production and I run Sveasoft firmware on every
single one of them. It is so far ahead of Linksys's internal builds and
adds so many additional features that there is no comparison between the
two.

"Hackware" indeed. What an insult to all of the quality developers that
are putting their time and effort into extending the platform and making
it one of the most incredible sub $100 routing platforms on the planet.

> How much did I pay for Asterisk? Was it $20 grand?
> Don't remember having paid that much for Asterisk.

$20 US DOLLARS! Not, $20,000!

> If not SSH what other way can we access Linksys Linux without Alchemy
> wrapper sftp/rlogin/telnet? Does anyone know?

Plenty of people know. If you can't do a google search for it, this isn't
the place to be asking about it.

                             KP-216-121-ST