[Asterisk-Users] DIALSTATUS weirdness (CHANUNAVAIL instead of BUSY, NOANSWER instead of CHANUNAVAIL)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 3 20:43:31 MST 2004

On December 3, 2004 03:36 pm, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> exten => 1234,1,Dial(Zap/g1/5551234,,g)
> exten => 1234,n,NoOp(HANGUPCAUSE is ${HANGUPCAUSE} and DIALSTATUS is
> ${DIALSTATUS})
>
> Why, if 5551234 is busy, is DIALSTATUS set to CHANUNAVAIL?  Should it not
> be BUSY?

Brian West pointed me at chan_zap.c where there is a configuration parameter
called "priindication" which can be used to set the pri indication to inband
or out of band, defaulting to out of band.

I have set priindication=outofband in zapata.conf, now I will test this later
but it looks like it will work.

Posting a new thread now in -dev as to why the blue f*ck there is a pri inband
configuration option that is

a) undocumented and
b) defaults to inband

The mind boggles -- PRI is *always* out of band.

-A.