[Asterisk-Users] IAXy & ADSI ?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Fri Dec 3 17:56:50 MST 2004

To echo what Seth said:

> I tried to do ADSI over SIP about 3-4 months ago and did fairly
> extensive research on it at the time and the conclusion I came
> to was Zap only for now.

I wanted to program an ADSI phone connected to a Sipura ATA. Adding
adsi=yes to the sip.conf entry didn't do the trick. Having delved in the
code, it appears that the thing for ADSI in the channel is hard coded to
not available for SIP channels.

Mysteriously, I WAS able to get tones when I diverted all calls to
voicemail, then dialed the ATA device.. so it might be work-round-able..

I for one would certainly like to see ADSI over SIP but wonder if it's
doable/feasible.

Cheers
Paul