[Asterisk-Users] IAXy & ADSI ?

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Fri Dec 3 10:24:07 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 10:09, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On December 3, 2004 09:56 am, Seth Remington wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 20:38, Gary wrote:
> > > Now the question is can the IAXy be used to successfully drive and ADSI
> > > phone ?
> >
> > ADSI is currently only supported in Zap channels so the answer is,
> > unfortunately, no.
>
> Are you sure?  I thought I have seen posts saying ADSI over SIP and IAX were
> done (tones is tones, so long as the codec doesn't screw it up, it should get
> to the destination phone).

Perhaps I should have prefaced my post with AFAIK ;) You may be right
and I might have missed those feature enhancements (although I do
subscribe to the CVS mailing and haven't seen anything ADSI come through
in a while). It's always been theoretically possible but my
understanding was only fully implemented in the Zap channel. I based
this assumption on two things, personal experience and Mark's old
mailing list posts.

I tried to do ADSI over SIP about 3-4 months ago and did fairly
extensive research on it at the time and the conclusion I came to was
Zap only for now.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington