[Asterisk-Users] more than 3 msns with chan_capi

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Dec 3 16:57:42 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 22:18, Derek Conniffe wrote:
> I notice that you've put the msns in as the "msn" field and have the
> incomingmsn as a * character.  I have lots of msns too and they all work
> just fine (SuSE 9.1 AVM Fritz & chan_capi) *BUT* I have the "msn" field as
> my OUTGOING MSN for others to see

exactly, and you would want to define more than one MSN there, if you
want to show different MSNs, as Jens did define it. However for Denmark
he should specify the whole 8 digits for every number. For Ireland you
need to specify the whole number without prefix. (7 digits for Dublin)

>  and my "incomingmsn" as the list of comma
> separated MSNs to accept incoming calls on - maybe you should try this out?.

Nope "*" works without problems in Ireland, too. It'll happily take any
MSN then, that comes in. Convienient, since the two MSN lines take a max
of 5 or 6 MSNs, but i as a example got Eircom to provision 12 MSNs on my
ISDN line (in PtMP mode !!)

> Here in Ireland I have to supply the last 4 digits of the msn

Yep, Eircom is only sending you the last 4 digits, but when you want to
show your MSN you need to send all 7 digits. Very odd setup, but it's
the way Eircom seems to do things.

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire