[Asterisk-Users] Status of linux 2.6 support

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Dec 3 06:29:15 MST 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 08:13 am, Clint Guillot wrote:
> I'm sure that this question gets asked frequently, but a quick perusal
> of the list archives shows that it hasn't been asked in a least a month
> or so, so pardon any repetition.
>
> What is the current state of asterisk on linux 2.6?

Still working just fine. It has worked for many months.

The simple way is to just install kernel source and add a symlink
ln -s /usr/src/linux /usr/src/linux-2.6

if I'm not mistaken.

You can make changes to zaptel (I think it is) and it will work without source
but I don't want to have to make changes to that source. This would work
around the distro problems with using the new 2.6 header info (which saves
you from needing the source).

Actually, you can get a script that does it all for you at
szmidt.org/asterisk/asterisk-update.sh

Just type asterisk-update.sh to get the parameters.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin