[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP calls not being sent to "s" extension

Stanley Cline sc1 at roamer1.org
Thu Dec 2 23:54:53 MST 2004

I was troubleshooting a problem with incoming calls to my VoicePulse Open
Access (NOT Connect) numbers not coming in and I noticed the following in the
SIP debug...

>Found peer 'roamer1-vpoa'
>Looking for s00****** in ivr-incoming

Why are the calls getting sent to this weird "s00******" extension and not the
usual "s" extension in context ivr-incoming as they should?  Of course, that
"s00" extension happens to be the username for my VP Open Access account; I'm
thinking that the first letter being an "s" is confusing Asterisk, since I'm
not seeing the same thing with FWD or other services where the username is all
numbers.

relevant parts of sip.conf for the VP OA account:

register => s00******:SeCrEt at access1.voicepulse.com
;
[roamer1-vpoa]
type=friend
context=ivr-incoming
username=s00******
secret=SeCrEt
host=access1.voicepulse.com
dtmf=inband
nat=yes
qualify=yes
canreinvite=no
insecure=very

My FWD, SIPPhone, etc. accounts are configured *exactly* the same except for
different usernames, secrets, and hosts and they work fine...calls to those
numbers go to the "s" extension in context ivr-incoming as they should.

I did come up with a workaround (make a special context contaning the "s00"
username as an extension that just Gotos the s extension in ivr-incoming), but
I shouldn't have to do that...

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might