[Asterisk-Users] res_config

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Dec 2 12:22:03 MST 2004

Yep yep.

extconfig.conf
-------------------
;
; Static and realtime external configuration
; engine configuration
;
[settings]
;
; Static configuration files:
;
; file.conf => driver,database[,table]

; Realtime configuration engine
;
; maps a particular family of realtime
; configuration to a given database driver,
; database and table (or uses the name of
; the family if the table is not specified
;

sipfriends => mysql,asterisk,customer_lines
voicemail => mysql,asterisk,voicemail_users
directory => mysql,asterisk,voicemail_users
realtime_ext => mysql,asterisk,realtime

If you don't have the mysql driver, you can get it here (shameless plug):

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002613

or just continue to use the ODBC->MySQL method. The beauty of RealTime is
that it doesn't matter which driver you are using, the code doesn't change!

My Voicemail table:

CREATE TABLE voicemail_users (
  uniqueid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  context varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  mailbox int(5) NOT NULL default '0',
  password int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  fullname varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  email varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  pager varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  options varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  stamp timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (uniqueid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

2 rows of sample data:

INSERT INTO voicemail_users VALUES (1001, 'cytel', 3033, 3189, 'Julie
Stovall', 'js at mycom.com', '', 'attach=yes|hidefromdir=yes', 20041015161337);
INSERT INTO voicemail_users VALUES (1002, 'cytel', 3027, 3027, 'Leigh
Scott', 'le at mycom.com', '', '', 20041010114816);

Works great over here.

-Matthew