[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP 0.0.2pre6 undef symbol on gentoo-ppc

Scott Lykens slykens at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:18:31 MST 2004

Hello all:

In a quest to resolve the last apparent timing problems I am having
with SpanDSP I am trying out some PPC hardware, specifically a B&W G3.

I am running gentoo-ppc on this system and have compiled spandsp
0.0.2pre6 along with a release version of asterisk. Zaptel device
(T100P) is configured and appears to be ready to go.

When loading asterisk it crashes out with the following error:

[app_rxfax.so]Dec  2 13:47:57 WARNING[10027]: loader.c:248
ast_load_resource: /usr/local/lib/libspandsp.so.0: undefined symbol:
top_bit

Google reveals nothing of substance related to this error.

An Intel system running recent gentoo with the same tiff and audiofile
packages works just fine for me.

As I am not a programmer by any means I am at a loss of where to go
from here. Perhaps I am missing something rather simple but I just
don't see what it is. :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.