[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 500, asterisk user opinions?

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno.org
Thu Dec 2 10:42:46 MST 2004

Hi Kristian,

What extra configuration is needed for the one touch voicemail?  I have
an extension setup on my dialplan to automatically jump to the calling
phones' voicemail box and prompt for a password ( exten =>
1000,1,VoiceMailMain(${CHANNEL}:4:3}) ), so I'm thinking all i need that
button to do is call that extension.  Does that sound about right?

The best I've been able to find the for the IP 500 is $190.00, with the
PoE adapter being an extra $35.00.  Have you found the IP600 for less?
If so, I'd be more than willing to go that route.  I'm not on the biz
list...yet.  But if you could send a copy to my personal email, that'd
be great.

What are the "buddies"?  I saw the xml phone directory, and I was
planning implementing that.  Is that the same thing?

It's good to know that the phones have QoS built into them.  From what
the polycom rep said, they were just dumb hubs, which was a bit odd to
have in a voip phone I thought.

Thank you for your help and information.  It's greatly appreciated!

Sean