[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 and TEXT

Tamas J thomasj at eworld.hu
Thu Dec 2 09:19:56 MST 2004

Hello!

I'm looking for TEXT sending over IAX2, more precisely sending
text messages between IAX2 softphone and asterisk. Currently I'm
trying iaxComm and I was able to send a text message from asterisk to
iaxComm (with AGI SEND TEXT).
After some searching I got some questions:
1. is it possible to send text messages during a call (established or
during ringing)?
2. is it possible to send text message from client to asterisk?
3. how can asterisk receive text messages, what can it do with?
4. is it possible to send text message without real call? (like
instant messaging)

I found some functions in iax2 (iax2_sendtext) and in asterisk
(ast_sendtext), but my knowledge is far from that I would be able to
answer previous questions.

Any idea, hint?

Thanks in advance,
        Tamas J.