[Asterisk-Users] After setting up my FXO card, what should I now order from my telco?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Dec 2 00:05:23 MST 2004

I have SBC in Illinois, and dialtone service is only $5-ish.  Add
another $6 or so for caller-id delivery.  Do you need it for outgoing
calls?  If yes, getting DSL on top of one of the lines and then using
VOIP termination is likely cheaper than getting their bundles.  Avoid
call-waiting and three-way calling, as those services are fairly useless
with *.  If you need line-hunt, get call-forwarding on one line.  Or
better yet, get DSL and VOIP for incoming lines as well :)