[Asterisk-Users] Japanese FXO card

Asterisk users mick_hastings at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 06:19:06 MST 2004

Hi folks,

Im totally new to *  but I went ahead and told my boss that it was the way
to go for our new telephone system :) now I have a test box and two cisco
phones and a brand new modem card.

Im having plenty of trouble with learning all the config stuff but ill leave
that for another day. ie: a few days after I rtfm.

My modem card, once installed in the box (FC2 by the way) was detected by
linux and installed perfectly no probs. but now I dont know how to make *
recognise it? How can I tell if it is even compatible with *? I dont think
all the usual options of buying the compatible cards are open to me because
im in Japan. We have a bunch of ISDN lines and TAs to use, so if im out of
luck with the modem I bought perhaps Id have a better chance with an ISDN
card?

your thoughts/comments/suggestions are appreciated.

cheers,
Mick