[Asterisk-Users] HFC-S card for Australia?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Wed Dec 1 10:17:58 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 04:34, Craig Guy wrote:
> No it doesn't.  The E100 is for a Primary Rate Interface (PRI), I am looking
> for something to support a Basic Rate Interface (BRI).  Would prefer the
> card be passive.  I have found that the DIVA Pro cards are available in
> Australia however I don't think they are supported by zaphfc.
>
> I haven't confirmed yet but I suspect that the bristuff + zaphfc combination
> will allow me to use the BRI as a zaptel interface which means I can use
> things like the Flash Operators Panel and possibly the Areski Management
> Portal (Won't be using DID's).  There's a lot of * goodies out there that
> don't support chan_capi or chan_misdn.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but
> if I can stay with zap channels then life will be easier for me.

You are completely right, that zaphfc/HFC-S cards will give you zap
devices on a BRI connection. Unfortunatly i don't know who is selling
those A-ticked in .au.

There are various of those cards out there. Billion, Jensen, ASUSTek,
just to mention some of them. Check your local hardware store for
regular ISDN cards and make sure, that the logo on the chipset are the
towers of the Domchurch of Cologne. (Cologne Chip's logo, the HFC
manufacturer). Here in Europe these cards are around 20-25 EUR/pc.

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire
(contact info on --> http://www.marlow.dk/)