[Asterisk-Users] Interrupt latency problems

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Dec 1 10:10:11 MST 2004

I'm debugging a TxFax problem whereby the fax transmission fails.  I
suspect interrupt latency--some interrupt routine is holding its
interrupt too long.  I have all unnecessary services switched off and X
is not running when I perform these tests.  Some transmission are
successful while others fail at random points.

I've noticed that after I boot Linux, load zaptel, wcfxo, and wcfxs, and
then run System Monitor, the CPU utilization spikes to 60% every 10
seconds.  After I remove wcfxs the spikes stop, and system utilization
stays at 0%.

I have two TDM22B cards and get these spikes with either card in the system.

This is an Athlon-64 3000+ CPU and Fedora Core 2.  zaptel-1.0.2.

Is there anyone who has a TDM card on a "quiet" system who can run
System Monitor and observe CPU utilization?

Thanks for your help.

P.S.  I do 'hdparm -u1 /dev/hdx' on the disks.

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.
mike at introspect.com