[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 and distinctive ring

Daryll Strauss daryll.strauss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:44:17 MST 2004

On Wed,  1 Dec 2004 08:31:15 -0500, David Cook <dbc_asterisk at advan.ca> wrote:
> I'm looking to give the SPA-3000 a whirl as I'm having too much
> difficulty with the irq sharing thing inside the box.
>
> I'm reading the book but without having one in-hand to play with it
> appears a little obtuse at this time. Before I drop down my money can
> someone with some hands-on with one of these confirm if the SPA-3000
> can:
> a) detect inbound distinctive ring (this looks to me like cfw sel1
> caller command from the pdf guide)
> and if so...
> b) direct individual distinctive rings to a different Asterisk exten
> (looks like cfw sel1 dest command to me).
>
> ... and if so, does this work reliably enough to be a viable production
> solution?
>
> I presume this means that I can have it ignore other patters I don't
> want it to pick up at this time (spouse factor) by only specifying
> certain ring patterns to have a "select" setting.

I think you're misreading the documentation. The Sipura doesn't detect
incoming distinctive ring at all. The cfw sel command makes the sipura
use a distinctive ring internally when it sees a specific caller-id.

I asked Sipura support about it when I first got my box and was told
it wasn't supported yet.  We can hope it happens it a later version of
the firmware.

- |Daryll