[Asterisk-Users] SIP expiry time

HengWee Chin chinhw at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 07:36:22 MST 2004

Hi,

  I notice that SJPhone is registering to asterisk with an expires of 120
secs.  However, when I invoke the command "sip show peer [sip id]". I notice
that the output indicates the expires 427 and the expiry is 900. Can someone
explain these numbers to me?

I also notice that just before SJPhone re-register, when I try to make a
call to the SJPhone, asterisk will complain that it is not able to find the
URL to sip. When I issue the command "sip show peers", I can still see the
URL in the list of sip registered. After SJPhone re-register, asterisk is
able to call again. Any Ideas how come there is this behaviour? A bug?

Regards,
Chin