[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for home office

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Wed Dec 1 03:40:34 MST 2004

--On Wednesday, December 01, 2004 12:59 AM -0800 Lee <leeb00 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Guess I need to research DID providers a bit more, as I would want a
> local number, or to keep my existing number...But I'm in a medium
> sized city, and won't be surprised if local numbers aren't available.
> Thanks
> --

I am using Voicepulse for inbound calling, at $7.99/month. They are in many
rate centers and are worth checking out. Go to
<http://connect.voicepulse.com>, not <www.voicepulse.com>.

Voicepulse for outbound is a bit pricey. One alternative that I like is
<http://www.voipjet.com> -- which requires that you predeposit via PayPal.
They charge you back the PayPal fee, so figure that into your cost
analysis. Voipjet costs $.013/minute for termination in the USA.

Both of these providers use IAX to connect! Service has been rock solid.

</edg>