[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for home office

Lee leeb00 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 01:59:36 MST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:46:14 +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver
<hiver.j at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> >2. What is a good, inexpensive FXS solution?
> I simply got a budgeton sip phone. It's simple, it has nice fat buttons
> and it sounds fine.

What I've encountered in discussions with home-office folks is they
have Vonage on the brain, and look at keeping all their existing
phones as a plus. Just hook up a box and you're done. When I
understand more of the advantages of the IP phones and the cost trade
offs, and what all is possible in when using Asterisk I'll be able to
discuss the subject more intelligently. :)

> >3. Would a TDM400P solution be a better way to go, cost considered?
> Even cheaper / easier, buy some PSTN termination calling credit and an
> incoming DID from a IAX VoIP carrier.

Guess I need to research DID providers a bit more, as I would want a
local number, or to keep my existing number...But I'm in a medium
sized city, and won't be surprised if local numbers aren't available.
Thanks
--
Lee