[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp kind of working

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Dec 1 03:29:19 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 16:23 +0100, Dave Cotton wrote:

> It looks like libtiff on certain distributions, certainly Mandrake
> Cooker, is broken. I went through a lot of testing with Steve to get
> faxes received properly and found that Mandrake had not applied a patch
> highlighted on the Hylafax page. I am also having problems with mailfax
> but is coming from libtiff or it's tools. If you look at the dat file
> it's probable the error report about tile size.

This mornings update.

I've downloaded the source for libtiff 3.7.0 from the site and compiled
the tools, if I use the 3.7.0 tiff2pdf the file is converted correctly
and file shows it as a PDF 1.1, if I use the 3.6.1 (patched) version it
fails with Integer "overflow in TIFFVTileSize" these type of problems
are mentioned in the changes.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>