[Asterisk-Users] Line death not recognized on TDM400P?

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Aug 31 22:36:05 MST 2004

On 1 Sep 2004 at 17:15, matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:

> A customer of mine has 3 TDM400P cards in a box running asterisk.  On
> each card he has four FXO modules.
>
> I have set up the dialplan to dial via group 1 for an outgoing call.
>
> Channels 1-12 are in group 1.
>
> If he plugs a telephone cable into socket 2 or 3 etc, but not 1, when
> he dials out, it still tries to make the call via socket 1.
>
> Straight away the console says that it has dialed the number via g1
> and that it is connecting sip/bla with zap/1-1 (or some such)...
>
> On my X100P I get a red alarm if the phone cable is not plugged in.
> Is there any way to do this with the TDM400P?
>
> They would like to be able to unplug lines and use them for other
> purposes at times.
>
> Make sense?
>
> I kinda thought that asterisk would realise that nothing was
> connected to the TDM card and try the second socket, the third etc...
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

The problem is, if lines 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12 are plugged in,

you would only be able to make 1 concurrent call...(because the next
call would try to go out line two which would never work)...maybe if
four people called at the same time only 1 wouldn't get through but
then the next call wouldn't get through...

Is this so?

Matt