[Asterisk-Users] Line death not recognized on TDM400P?

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Aug 31 22:15:40 MST 2004

A customer of mine has 3 TDM400P cards in a box running asterisk.  On
each card he has four FXO modules.

I have set up the dialplan to dial via group 1 for an outgoing call.

Channels 1-12 are in group 1.

If he plugs a telephone cable into socket 2 or 3 etc, but not 1, when
he dials out, it still tries to make the call via socket 1.

Straight away the console says that it has dialed the number via g1
and that it is connecting sip/bla with zap/1-1 (or some such)...

On my X100P I get a red alarm if the phone cable is not plugged in.
Is there any way to do this with the TDM400P?

They would like to be able to unplug lines and use them for other
purposes at times.

Make sense?

I kinda thought that asterisk would realise that nothing was
connected to the TDM card and try the second socket, the third etc...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt Riddell