[Asterisk-Users] X100P Questions: Voicemail and Phone Port questions

Matt G gibson at experthost.com
Tue Aug 31 07:53:44 MST 2004

Hello fellow * users,

I've been experimenting like a madman lately with asterisk, and I just
love it. Just reading this list
and asking a few questions here and there has helped me out a great
amount. Not to mention the
excellent resource we call the Wiki.

I have searched for answers to the two following questions, but couldn't
find anything, it is entirely
possible i was just searching for the wrong terms or something, if so
please point me in the right
direction.

I recently purchased an X100P, and it's working great at home as a
voicemail only box right now.
Eventually I will be adding some FXS ports to support internal extensions.

Now, my questions are this:

1. Currently, I have a default channel with the commands 'wait(12)'
followed by 'answer'
   for the X100P in my extensions.conf. the problem with this is that if
my sister or significant
   other picks up the phone during the call in process, asterisk does
not stop it's 'wait' and then
   'answer' of the line. Is there a way to make asterisk recognize that
the line is not ringing
   anymore (thus, somebody must have picked up) and not go to the
voicemail menu? (Without
   purchasing fxs ports) Is there something like 'AnswerOnlyIfRing' or
something similar?

2. With only a X100P is there a way to 'disable' the second port on it?
Currently I have my incoming PSTN line
    going into the X100P, then my internal phones are all 'daisychained'
together coming out of the 'out' port on the X100P.
    What I'm looking for is a way to make it so that if somebody is
leaving a message to us, and an inside line picks up, they don't
    hear the person leaving the message. All they hear is dead silence.
Or music on hold or something.

I realize for part two of this question i'm probably going to need at
least one FXS port. but I wasn't sure if anyone out there had
come up with some k-leet workaround :)

Thanks for your time,
Matt G