[Asterisk-Users] How record conversation to sound file ?

Martin Holler holler_martin at gmx.net
Tue Aug 31 00:56:24 MST 2004

"lst.ara" <lst.ara at post.cz> writes:

> For our helpdesk application, we need record full conversation between
> any caller and one or two helpdek numbers (while the conversation is
> running). After conversation is ended (hangup ..), the recorded file
> (WAW) is putted into database. Using AGI, record and put to database
> is OK, but only as exclusive task. But I need record  WAW file "in
> background" the standard conversation.
>
> Is any vay to do it with Asterisk ?

Hi,

did you try the Asterisk commands "Record" or "Monitor"?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Record
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Monitor

I am not sure if they do what you would like to have but I thought
it's better to give you the hint. I have no experience with these
commands.

Regards,
 Martin